Mike's New Orleans Lobster, Shrimp & Crab Meat Po Boys. Mike's New Orleans Lobster, Shrimp & Crab Meat Po Boys - Twice cooked grits - Mike's EZ Chicken Sausage & Shrimp Gumbo - Cowboy Caviar - Prosciutto wrapped scallop with dirty rice - Mini Lobster Rolls - Mike's Oxtail Pepper Stew - Cajun seafood and crab boil - Mike's Southwestern Queso Dip. Mike's New Orleans Lobster, Shrimp & Crab Meat Po Boys - Twice cooked grits - Mike's EZ Chicken Sausage & Shrimp Gumbo - Cowboy Caviar - Prosciutto wrapped scallop with dirty rice - Mini Lobster Rolls - Mike's Oxtail Pepper Stew - Cajun seafood and crab boil - Mike's Southwestern Queso Dip. Food Writer Ann Maloney walks us through how to make Mr.
For when you are planning your next big get together outdoors, a "mess of shrimp" is the perfect way to round out a day I hadn't thought of these shrimp in years, until last summer for a lake-house weekend, a friend made a batch for dinner. This spicy New Orleans-style shrimp does the trick! Here's another easy way to prepare shrimp for those who loves things spicy. You can cook Mike's New Orleans Lobster, Shrimp & Crab Meat Po Boys using 27 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mike's New Orleans Lobster, Shrimp & Crab Meat Po Boys
- Prepare of ● For The Seafood.
- You need 1 Pound of Raw Rock Lobster Tails [steamed & rough chopped].
- It's 1 lb of Pre-steamed Langistino Lobster Tails [rough chopped].
- It's 1 lb of Pre-steamed Jumbo Shrimp [rough chopped].
- You need 1 Pound of Pre-steamed Lump Crab Meat [de-shelled].
- It's of ● For The Fresh Crispy Breads.
- It's as needed of Leidenheimer 12" Bread Loaves [halved - sliced].
- You need as needed of LG Onion Or Garlic Bagles [toasted - optional].
- It's of ● For The Creamy Seafood Mixture.
- It's 2 Dashes of Heavy Cream.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Fresh Chopoed Chives.
- You need 1/2 Cup of Real Mayonnaise [or more].
- It's 1/2 tsp of Old Bay Seasoning [or more].
- It's 1/2 tsp of Lemon Pepper [or more].
- Prepare to taste of Lemon Juice.
- It's 2 of LG Stalks Celery [fine minced].
- Prepare to taste of Celery Salt.
- You need 1/4 Cup of Fresh Chopped Parsley.
- You need 1/4 Cup of Claussens Dill Pickle Halves [minced].
- Prepare of ● For The Garnishments [optional].
- Prepare as needed of Paprika.
- Prepare as needed of Capers.
- It's as needed of Philadelphia Cream Cheese.
- Prepare as needed of Fresh Lemon Wedges.
- You need as needed of Fresh Crispy Butter Lettuce Leaves.
- It's as needed of Claussens Dill Pickle Halves.
- You need as needed of Salt & Vinegar Chips.
New Orleans Shrimp Sausage Gumbo has an intense, complicated flavor that comes from making a patiently toasted roux, cajun spices, shrimp stock and finally okra which makes this thick, rich stew even better. This is a weekend project that's totally worth the time you'll. Amazing place to eat if you're in the area. Didn't get the famous lobster roll but the service was g.ood and friendly.
Mike's New Orleans Lobster, Shrimp & Crab Meat Po Boys instructions
- Presteamed Langistino Lobster Tails pictured. Rinse, rough chop and add to a large bowl..
- 1 lb raw Rock Lobster pictured. Rinse and set to the side. Prepare to steam them later..
- Cut lobsters down the middle of the upper shell with sharp kitchen shears..
- 1 lb Pre-steamed Jumbo Shrimp. Rinse, de-shell, de-vein if needed, rough chop and add to your large bowl with Langistino tails..
- I use fresh pre-steamed crab claws. Just crack open and shread meat. Add to large bowl..
- But, [real] canned crab meat works as well. If opting for canned - drain and carefully sift thru it for any shells..
- In a pan with a lifted rack and tight fitting lid - add these ingredients to taste. Butter - White Wine - Minced Garlic - Fresh Lemon Juice - Lemon Pepper - Old Bay and bring all to a simmer. Add what you'd like and how you'd like it but don't allow your fluids to rise above your rack and touch your lobster tails. You want to steam - not boil..
- Drizzle a bit of your melted sauce on top of your lobster tails and into the slits you made earlier. Steam with tight fitting lid for 7 to 8 minutes. Don't peek tho! ;0).
- Pull lobster tails, de-shell and rough chop meat. I'll always use the leftover lobster butter juices for a quick, simple steamed Baby Ukon Gold Potato, white onion and green pepper dish. Waste not want not right?.
- Use 12" Leidenheimer loaves if you want an authentic NOLA Po Boy. Be sure to lightly toast them! 😆.
- Simply place seafood atop crispy butter leaf lettuce and French buns. Also, serve with hot sauce and chilled pickles to the side..
- If opting to put your seafood mixture on toasted bagles - simply toast and smear cream cheese at base..
- Add a piece of butter leaf lettuce - add seafood mixture with a squeeze of lemon - then another piece of lettuce to keep your bread nice and crunchy!.
- Quite possibly the BEST chilled pickles out there! They're firm and crazy delicious! You'll only find them in your refrigerated isle of your local chain supermarket..
- Enjoy this tiny extra rich little taste of NOLA y'all!.
This quick-cooking New Orleans classic is spicy and hearty -- and turns any meal into a festive occasion. Added squid to the shrimp, felt like any other seafood would be welcome. Halved the onion and replaced with scallions, added fresh garlic. The service is solicitous and the food just as you would imagine — steaks, decadent lobster mac and cheese, spinach lavished with cream, shrimp cocktail the size of a Midwestern state. You're watching: New Orleans-Style Barbequed Shrimp.