- 1 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 c. granulated sugar
- 3/4 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 c. buttermilk low-fat ok
- 1/2 c. vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 c. hot water not boiling
- 1 1/2 c. mini marshmallows
- 8 oz. semisweet baking chocolate chopped
- 1/2 c. milk
- 2 c. heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together buttermilk and vegetable oil.
- Whisk in eggs one at a time.
- Stir in dry intredients until just combined.
- Add hot water and vanilla.
- Whisk until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish.
- Bake 30-40 minutes, or until wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool to room temperature.
- To make the chocolate mousse, add mini marshmallows, chocolate, and milk to a large, heavy saucepan.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until melted and well-combined.
- Remove from heat, and cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat whipping cream and vanilla together to soft peak stage.
- Fold whipped cream into cooled chocolate mixture.
- Spread over cooled cake.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes, or until ready to serve.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.
DISCLAIMER: All images are copyrighted to their respective owners. All content cited is derived from their respective sources. Links to the sources can be found at the bottom of the page.Source