- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream butter and sugar until light, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add vanilla and eggs and mix well.
- Combine the flour, cocoa, salt and soda and whisk, then add to the butter, sugar and eggs and stir to combine. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Drop onto the parchment-lined cookie sheets using a scoop for evenly sized cookies. Bake for 9-11 minutes until mostly set in the center, but be careful not to overbake. The cookies will set up more as they cool.
- Let the cookies cool on the pan for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with powdered sugar and enjoy.
DISCLAIMER: All images are copyrighted to their respective owners. All content cited is derived from their respective sources. Links to the sources can be found at the bottom of the page.