Mike's Classic Lobster Rolls.
You can cook Mike's Classic Lobster Rolls using 24 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mike's Classic Lobster Rolls
- Prepare of Lobster Meat Mixture.
- Prepare 4 of Or 5 [4 oz] Lobster Tails [depending upon how rich you want your sandwiches].
- It's 1 packages of 20 oz Imitation Crab Meat.
- You need 1/2 cup of Real Mayonnaise [+ additional as per your taste].
- You need 1/2 cup of Celery With Leaves.
- It's 1/4 cup of Chopped Chives.
- You need 2 tbsp of Fresh Parsley [packed].
- It's 1 tsp of Lemon Pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of White Pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Granulated Garlic.
- You need 1 tsp of Yellow Mustard.
- You need 2 tbsp of Real Butter.
- Prepare of Bread.
- Prepare 2 packages of King's Hawaiian Rolls [12 count per bag or mini rolls 6 count].
- You need 1 stick of Real Salted Butter [optional].
- Prepare 1 of Bottle Garlic Powder.
- Prepare of Toppings - Garnishments - Sides.
- It's 3 cup of Shredded Iceberg Lettuce.
- Prepare 1 large of Bag Salt & Vinegar Potato Chips.
- It's 4 large of Dill Pickle Quartered Spears.
- You need 1 tub of Fresh Guacamole.
- It's 1 dash of Old Bay Seasoning.
- Prepare 1 dash of Paprika.
- You need 1 dash of Celery Salt.
Mike's Classic Lobster Rolls step by step
- Add everything in the, "Lobster Meat Mixture," category except for the lobster in a large bowl and mix well. You will need more mayo than is called for. Tablespoon by tablespoon add more mayonnaise until it reaches the creamy consistency you desire. I usually add 3 additional tablespoons..
- De-thaw your lobster tails in water if frozen. Do not steam/boil/cook frozen..
- Once thawed, cut the underside of your lobster tails lengthwise and remove meat. Rinse lobster meat and discard anything you deem undesirable..
- Fill 1-1/2" of water and 2 tablespoons butter in a pot with a tight fitting lid. Bring to a boil and add lobster meat. Reduce heat to low and simmer/steam lobster meat for 5 to 6 minutes..
- Once cooked, place on plate to cool. Chop lobster meat and add to lobster meat mixture and mix. Place in fridge until fully chilled..
- Carefully tear 4 lengthwise rolls from the other 8. Then another 4 lengthwise rolls from the 8. This will leave you with 3 long sweet sub rolls each consisting of 4 mini rolls. Note: There are also King's Hawaiian Mini Sub Rolls available now that come in packs of 6 and are pre-split. I've used those in the photo below. You can find these rolls in the deli section of your local supermarket..
- Carefully slice lengthwise down the side of your roll [if using the 12 pack] to create an opening for your lobster meat without cutting it completely in half..
- You can use these rolls as they are or butter and sear them in a hot pan. If I sear them, I lightly butter the rolls and lightly sprinkle with garlic powder..
- Smear a layer of guacamole on one side of your roll. Add shredded lettuce and pile on your lobster meat mixture. Sprinkle liberally with Old Bay Seasoning and a pinch of Celery Salt. Also, add a long, thin dill pickle spear at the top of sandwich and serve with Salt & Vinegar Chips to cut some of the richness..
- To reduce the overall carbs, you can use low carb bread and omit the guacamole..