Mike's Saffron Lobster, Jumbo Scallops & Shrimp Vegetable Melody. Lobster, shrimp, mussels, and snapper are simmered on top of saffron-scented rice in this Spanish classic. Added small scallops clams instead of snapper and there were lobster claws at my grocer so used them instead of the tail. The dish was full of seafood with not a grain leftover!
Buy the Best Jumbo Lobsters from Maine Lobster Now. When it comes to ordering seafood online, you need a delivery service that you can count on. After all, you want your seafood to arrive fresh, and we can guarantee that it will every time you order from us. You can cook Mike's Saffron Lobster, Jumbo Scallops & Shrimp Vegetable Melody using 28 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mike's Saffron Lobster, Jumbo Scallops & Shrimp Vegetable Melody
- Prepare of ● For The Fresh Seafood [check for any fishy smell if so no go!].
- You need 1.5 Pounds of Fresh Lobster Tails [raw de-shelled - de-veined].
- Prepare 2 Pounds of Fresh Jumbo Tiger Shrimp [raw - de-veined - de-shelled].
- It's 2 Pounds of Fresh LG Jumbo Sea Scallops [rinsed - halved].
- It's of ● For The Fresh Crispy Vegetables & Fruits.
- Prepare 1/2 of Each: Green, Red & Yellow Bell Peppers [de-seeded julienned].
- You need 1/4 Cup of Firm Tomatoes [chopped].
- It's 1/2 Cup of Red Onion [julienned].
- It's 6 of LG Fresh Garlic Cloves [fine minced].
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Fresh Parsley [lose pack - chopped].
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Fresh Cilantro [lose pack - chopped].
- You need 1/3 Cup of Green Onions [chopoed + reserves for garnish].
- Prepare 1 of LG Jalapeño [fine diced].
- Prepare of ● For The Seasonings & Oils.
- You need 2 tbsp of [Garlic] Olive Oil.
- It's 3/4 Cube of Kerrygold [Herbed] Irish Butter [important].
- It's 1/2 Cup of Quality White Wine [add more if needed].
- Prepare to taste of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- Prepare to taste of Old Bay Seasoning.
- You need 1 tsp of Saffron [or more - crushed & soaked in wine].
- You need to taste of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- You need of ● For The Options.
- Prepare as needed of Dipping Bread [for base juices].
- Prepare 1 Pound of Fresh Mussels [cook until opened - throw anything not].
- It's 1 Pound of Fresh Monk Fish [1" cubes].
- It's as needed of White Rice.
- It's as needed of Pasta [your choice]/type.
- It's of Lemon Wedges [for seasoning and garnish].
So take a look at the huge lobster delivery. These jumbo scallops are a dry scallop. They can also be pan seared, marinated. When the lobster is cool, remove the meat from the claws and tail and set aside.
Mike's Saffron Lobster, Jumbo Scallops & Shrimp Vegetable Melody instructions
- Here's the bulk of what you'll need in steps #1 #2 #3 & #4..
- Chop all vegetables as listed above..
- Halved jumbo scallops and de-shelled large cubed lobster pieces pictured. Scallops about 20 halved total..
- Jumbo Tiger Shrimp pictured. Shelled, de-veined and de-tailed. About 30 total..
- Reserve your seafood shells and boil them for 20 minutes with limited water and wine for a basic seafood stock instead of water or chicken broth if interested. To be used then or, within the week in another dish..
- Soak your Saffon threads in 1/4 cup quality white wine for 10 minutes..
- Here's your desired outcome color wise..
- Fry your hardest vegetables on high in seasoned butter, olive oil and a good dash of white wine first for 5 minutes. Be careful not to burn your garlic. Stir regularly..
- Simple seasonings pictured..
- Then add your seafood and steam tightly covered on high for 3 to 4 minutes longer. Stir regularly. In the last minute of frying, add your fresh soft herbs and vegetables..
- Serve alone, with fresh bread for sopping juices. Or, alongside or, over white rice or pasta with chopsticks and/or forks..
We had the jumbo Scallops, Top Sirloin, Portobello stuffed ravioli and for dessert Pineapple Upside Down Cake and the Flourless Chocolate Cake. everything was delicious. Restaurant is very nice decor, lots of tables, small bar area with tv's, seperate dining area, the servers were excellent, we had. Bring the mango sauce to a boil and pour a spoonful on each plate. Place the scallops on the sauce and top with the chives. Place water and saffron in small saucepan and bring to rolling boil.